CHIANG MAI RETREAT: Embodied Awakening
Embodied Awakening Yoga Retreat
30 JULY – 3 AUGUST 2020
Spend 5 days in a beautiful sanctuary nestled in the middle of majestic mountains and rice fields of Chiang Mai, Thailand. This retreat is an embodied journey through a variety of modalities from Yoga, Meditation, holistic health, energetic healing, sound therapy and Thai massage. This yoga retreat is led by Kathy Gabriel and Samanta Duggal.
THE YOGA RETREAT
People often think about wellness in terms of physical health — nutrition, exercise, weight management, etc., but it is so much more. Wellness is a holistic integration of physical, mental, and spiritual well-being, fuelling the body, engaging the mind, and nurturing the spirit. In this retreat you will learn various practices grounded in Traditional Hatha Yoga Principles, Vedic Wisdom, Myofascial Science and Embodied anatomy. Carefully put together to help you understand yourself through a holistic lens so you can can tap into the inherent intelligence of your body and its own transformative potential.
This retreat offers you a mindful immersion into your inner self, to achieve profound holistic healing. During the retreat, you will be taken through mindful yoga flows, meditations, 5Rhythms dance experience, workshops on Thai bodywork, understanding the chakra system, introduction to Vedic chanting, sound baths and therapeutic practices, targeting relaxation and holistic healing.
Indulge with delicious, farm-to-table plant based meals and strengthen your practice of self-care and reflection to make space for your heart to expire all that you are, and all that you can be.
Amidst it all, find time to lounge by the pool and enjoy a herbal steam, dance barefoot under the moonlight, take a dip in nearby hot springs and discover the local area.
Give back to the local community in particular School of Life in Chiang Mai – an internally sponsored project in Thailand that provides home and care for children who live in difficult situations.
This retreat is designed to be accessible for anyone of any age, body size, physical fitness level, and experience.
We will be staying at he beautiful Mala Dhara Eco Resort and Yoga retreat Centre, nestled in the middle of majestic mountains and rice fields, just 30 mins from the old City of Chiang Mai.
All villas are hand built, and take into account the natural beauty of the land we will be living on. They are organically luxurious with all modern western conveniences.Each villa comes equipped with fans, refrigerators and hot and cold running water. It many be hard to crawl out of bed in the morning!
The food is locally sourced or straight from the organic farm itself and prepared by an amazing in-house chef. All meals are vegan / vegetarian.
Daily Yoga & Meditation
Afternoon / Sunset Yoga or Meditation
Early bird (up to 30 days in advance): S$1500
Regular price: S$1700*
Early bird (up to 30 days in advance): S$2800
Regular price: S$3000
- 4 night Twin Share
- Accommodation at Luxury Eco Resort 30-40 mins from the Old City
- Airport transfers at allotted times @ 11am Arrival CNX Airport & 3.30pm Departure from Resort
- Round Trip transfers from Resort to the City for Day Excursion
- 3 Vegan/Vegetarian Meals farm-to-table prepared by amazing local chef
- Daily Yoga & Meditation, Sound Therapy classes Thai Massage
- Workshops and other Yoga workshops led by Kathy Gabriel and Samanta Duggal
- Yoga mats & props are provided but advisable to bring your own for hygiene purposes
- Evening Herbal Sauna, body scrub & fire circle
- Group reflections and 5 Rhythms dance circle
- Use of salt water swimming pool
- Wifi accessibility at public area. In order to create a mindful environment, we ask you to not bring your devices during mealtimes or any class sessions.
- Exclusive Urban Yogis Goodie Bag
- Travel to and from Chiang Mai
- Snacks in between meals
- Private Yoga / Therapy sessions with Kathy Gabriel or Samanta Duggal. These can be scheduled during Free & Easy time or times outside of the group retreat schedule
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any activities you choose to do on your own outside of the retreat schedule e.g massages, meals, bicycle rentals, short day trips etc
- Travel Insurance
This yoga retreat is led by Kathy Gabriel and Samanta Duggal.