Diving Into the Void – Day Retreat
Diving into the Creative Void
A DAY RETREAT CURATED TO UNLOCK YOUR CREATIVE POTENTIAL
In a world so addicted to distraction and consumption, stillness and deep rest becomes increasingly elusive. Society’s conditioning has made so afraid of the void – empty space, nothingness – that we no longer believe that it even exists. We fall into the trap of doing, loading, constant stimulation and relentless productivity; literally escaping the void.
This is a specialised day-retreat grounded in Yoga and Mindfulness to help you create the space to retreat within yourself, unravel your creative purpose but more importantly, explore the healing potential of this void. Learn to hit the pause button, overcome your inner critic, fears and procrastination. Take time out for yourself to play, express and discover; a true creative process of inner and outer evolution and transformation.
The creative void is a place of emptiness, of nothingness, where we remove the clutter and the noise of our own everyday patterns, habits, and opinions, to make way for new and imaginative ideas. In the context of this retreat, we will engage in intentionally un-doing but also doing with purpose and contemplation. Guided by our experienced facilitators, experience a variety of powerful practices to help you linger a little longer in the creative void. Learn how to find deep rest and observe the potential that rises out of this emptiness. Walk away feeling refreshed with a sense purpose, meaning and fulfilment like never before.
INVESTMENT: S$475 per person and includes:
Guided practices with Julie Moksim, Kathy Gabriel and Stephanie Bovis
Thai high tea at Tamarind Hill Restaurant
This is a NON-RESIDENTIAL RETREAT. If you would like to stay overnight, you will receive a 15% discount for an overnight stay at Villa Samadhi Singapore (stay between Friday Nov 4th and Sunday Nov 6th)
Thursday, 3rd November - 11:00am - 6:30pm
- 11:00am - 11:30am
- Visualization, intention setting, and taking the first step into the creative void
- 11:30am - 12:15pm
- Dissolution into the Creative Void
- OSHO Kundalini active meditation involving four stages of shaking, moving, stillness and observation. We dissolve the holding patterns within the physical, mental and emotional layers of our bodies to make way for greater potential.
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Exploration within the Creative Void
- Blind-folded movement session. Breaking away from the traditional postures and transitions of yoga to explore a practice of possibilities.
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Channeling the Creative Resource
- An hour-long empty space with an invitation to create through various modalities. A space designed to allow creativity to emerge in stillness.
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm
- Sharing of experiences
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- High Tea
- Thai high tea at Tamarind Hill Restaurant. Sweet and savory options.
- 4:30pm - 5:00pm
- Creativity Hack
- A simple, fun and engaging activity to get you to quickly flex your creativity muscles.
- 5:00pm - 5:30pm
- Nadabrahma Active Meditation
- Meditation technique developed by Osho and inspired from the Tibetan Buddhist methodology of using sound vibrations to access consciousness. Nadabrahma meditation uses humming sounds to create a healing and aligning effect throughout the body/mind, as well as uses hand movements to balance masculine and feminine energies through visualisations of giving and receiving. This meditation method is very gentle, easy to learn and extremely effective at offering an opportunity to ground and centre oneself into wholeness.
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm
- Release into Abundance
- Final resolutions and mindful re-entry into the outside world
Julie MoksimCo-owner & Yoga Instructor
I’m Singaporean by birth, global citizen by lifestyle, having lived in Indonesia, Egypt and India as a child and young adult, and later in the United States, Laos and Myanmar. My spark for yoga began while I was living in Boston in 2003, but my calling to teach grew much later out of the joy that I developed as a teacher’s assistant at the studio that I attended regularly. After completing a teacher training in Bali with Rachel Hull, Anna Smallwood, Emil Wendel, James Newman and Dr. Sujatha Kekada in 2011, I moved to Laos and started a yoga cooperative called Luang Prabang Yoga. Both the yoga cooperative and the immersive retreat programs that I lead under Laos Yoga Retreats have in some ways, put Laos on the map as a destination for yoga. I also co-owned a yoga studio in Myanmar between 2017 and 2019. My partnership with Kathy and Urban Yogis has grown out of a collective purpose to share knowledge and bridge the gap between people of different cultures, languages and belief systems. I trust that when a group of people come together from all walks of life, the opportunity for learning is boundless. Yoga has been an essential platform for these gatherings and for experiences that create more open-minded humans. Today, the biggest influence in my practice and teachings is Edward Clark of Tripsichore Yoga. He reinforces the importance of authenticity in how we express ourselves in movement. Ultimately, this translates to authenticity in life. I’d like to say to people out there, don’t be afraid to find out who you are, and when you find that person, don’t be afraid to be the person that you are! Thank you for taking the time to read this and to browse our website and offerings.
Kathy GabrielCo-owner & Instructor / Therapist
Kathy Gabriel is a Yoga teacher, Craniosacral Therapist & Bodyworker licensed under Pacific Association of Craniosacral Therapists (PACT). Although yoga and complementary health was always in her family, she only picked up yoga as teenager during a period of spiritual seeking. She initially sought out Buddhism and meditation out in order to process her grief. Through the years, her understanding of health and wellness began to expand and it was through a holistic practice, she learned how to found solace, ease and balance to move through the different seasons of life. She is deeply passionate about sharing this practice with others, helping them navigate their own journey through the belief that all that one ever needs lies within.
Stephanie BovisYoga Retreat Facilitator
Stephanie Bovis is a yogi, fitness enthusiast, active meditation practitioner, host, and one of Singapore’s leading fitness and wellness experts. Having trained with renowned teachers over the years, Stephanie brings with her a repertoire of nurturing practices that are heart-opening and expansive, with methods tailored to meet and guide individuals wherever they are in their journey.