BREATH OF LIFE RETREAT
BREATH OF LIFE RETREAT
THURSDAY 2ND – SATURDAY 4TH DECEMBER, 2021
One of the keys to your health, happiness, and overall wellbeing lies in the most simple and natural way of balancing yourself – the way you breathe.
Taking a breath is central to the human experience: it’s the first, and the last, thing you’ll ever do. It happens with and without voluntary control. For these reasons and more perhaps, most meditative and movement traditions have placed great importance on coming to know one’s own breathing. Breathwork is the most powerful physical, emotional and psychological healing mechanism yet we rarely give it more than a passing thought.
On this Breath of Life Retreat, come and experience a transformative process of self-discovery, inner healing and growth through the breath & body. Our workshops and exercises are all experiential in nature and designed for deeper learning. The experience is intended to help you walk away with a self-care tool kit and a sustainable way of weaving breath work into your daily life. It is also great way for you to hit the ‘reset’ button; learning how to release the stress and tension that you didn’t even realise you are holding onto. So whether you’re unsure how your lungs get filled, or you’re curious about what happens to the autonomic nervous system with each breath, or simply wanting to learn how to release tight shoulders and free up your diaphragm – this retreat is perfect for you.
Breath of Life Retreat is a doorway into your body’s wisdom and health. Through this immersive, hands-on experience, you will definitely walk away with more vitality, ease and healing.
- Improve your health and well being by understanding your body & breath
- Mental clarity and improve emotional resilience
- Build a stronger foundation in Anatomy and Biomechanics of Breathing, or understand the Science of Breathing
- Evaluate some myths about breathing, movement patterns and how breath is used
- Learn about how breathing affects our whole body especially our nervous system
- How does breathing affect pain and trauma stored in the body
- Study whole body dynamics (Structures, Tissues, Fluids) and access the intelligence of your body systems
- Myofascial Self-Massage Techniques to free up your diaphragm and access your breath efficiently
- Develop a strong repertoire of breathing techniques and somatic exercises for pain management
- Develop strong mind-body connection with yourself and fine tune your skills as a practitioner
- Expand the notion health, learn to find your optimal breath pattern for your practice and every day life
AMARA SANCTUARY RESORT, SENTOSA
Our retreat takes place at the Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa. Your overnight stay is an essential part of your introspective journey; a pause; and an opportunity to immerse yourself in the process of self-discovery. The comfortable deluxe rooms and the calming grounds of the resort offer a nurturing balance to our overall program. There will be ample free time in between our sessions for you to relax and recharge.
EARLY BIRD (until Sunday October 31st): Single Occupancy: S$1,725 / Pax Double Occupancy: $1125/ Pax
REGULAR PRICE (Starting Monday November 1st): Single Occupancy S$1900 / Pax; Double occupancy $1350 / Pax
*Twin vs. king bed configuration to be assigned depending on availability on a first-come, first-serve basis
- TWO night accommodation in a Deluxe room at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (upgrades to another room type may be available at an additional charge and according to availability. Check Amara Sanctuary Resort’s website to see the list of all types of rooms at the property).
- All practice, workshop sessions and ICE BATH in the duration of the retreat
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches 2 Dinners
- Urban Yogis handmade in Laos face mask
- Urban Yogis handmade in Singapore lavender eye pillow
- Transportation to and Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa
- Additional drinks or food ordered outside of our set breakfast/lunch/dinner menus
*All Workshop Content Includes Practice
11:00am Welcome Circle
12:00pm 1:30pm Anatomy & Biomechanics of Breathing
1:30pm – 3:30pm Lunch and check-in
3:30pm – 5:30 pm Introduction to the Nervous system
5:30pm – 6:30pm Restorative Practice
6:30 pm – Dinner
* This is a sample itinerary. The actual schedule on the retreat may change slightly as a result of students’ level of experience and needs. We endeavor to make your experience as relevant as possible and changes may be made along the way to enable us to do so.
Pair this with THE YOGA MASTERS IMMERSION RETREAT from November 21st – 23rd and receive $200 off the total price!
HOW TO REGISTER
*Click the blue “Sign me up!” button on this page
*Fill out the registration form
*You will receive an email with instructions for payment.
*Payment to be made by PayNow or direct bank transfer
*You will receive a confirmation email once your payment is received
*Bookings are not considered confirmed until the payment is received. We will hold your booking for a maximum of 7 days and will release the booking if no payment has been received after 7 days.
Cancellation policy: Full refund up to Tuesday November 2; 50% refund between November 2 and November 16th; no refunds after November 16th. In the event that government Covid restrictions prevent us from running the retreat on the scheduled date, you will have the opportunity to postpone your attendance to a future date or to a full refund.