THE YOGA MASTERS IMMERSION RETREAT
THE YOGA MASTERS IMMERSION RETREAT
SUNDAY 21ST – TUESDAY 23RD NOVEMBER, 2021
The truth is, what you learn in a 60-minute drop-in yoga class is only a tiny fraction of the vast and incredible wealth of knowledge that yoga offers! What yoga teachers deliver to students in a 60-minute yoga class through inspirational soundbites that accompany the various postures and movements is limited access into the immense volume of knowledge that they have acquired through years of immersive study. Even with this minuscule lens, yoga touches your life. Imagine if you knew more; if you had the tools; if you could leverage thousands of years of wisdom and inspiration to shift the way you live. The Yoga Masters Immersion is our movement to endow the average yoga student and practitioner with the resources to elevate your yoga practice and experience into a living transformation.
ANCIENT WISDOM, MODERN FRAMEWORK
Thousands of years of knowledge, wisdom, and experimentation would have no place in today’s world if we cannot integrate it into our modern framework. Our approach is to draw key insight from the ancient text as well as recent research in nervous system function and health to deliver information through an experiential approach. That means that at every stage of our program, you will have the opportunity to integrate the information immediately into your own unique set of circumstances. The topics chosen are relevant to many of the struggles we all face as humans in our day to day life. The resources offered to you as part of our program are intended to inspire, empower, and encourage purpose and growth.
Our program is designed to be interactive and experiential, so while some of the information is delivered by way of a short lecture we will be primarily using the physical practice of yoga, breath work, journalling and discussion to integrate the philosophy into a real-world practice. Our goal is to help you understand how to use the resources in a deeply introspective way so that you emerge with both a greater understanding of yourself and of the practice.
- Cultural history and the emergence of yoga – from ancient practice to modern postural yoga
- Dual vs. non-dual philosophy – Patanjali, Samkhya and Tantra
- Pranayama – variations in breath techniques and their appropriate applications
- Kriya – various combinations of breathing, sound and physical poses prescribed to achieve a particular outcome
- The layers of the body and its multi-directional energy movements – ancient and modern interpretations
- Meditation and mindfulness – ancient and modern approaches
- Polyvagal/nervous system theory – the science behind the practice
WHO IS THIS RETREAT FOR?
- Any yoga student or practitioner who would like more depth than what a 60-minute drop-in class can offer.
- Anyone interested in yoga beyond the physical practice.
- Anyone looking for additional yoga resources.
- Not quite ready for a yoga teacher training but want to start digging deeper? This is for you!
- New teachers who would like more guidance on how to integrate the philosophy of yoga and the physical practice.
AMARA SANCTUARY RESORT, SENTOSA
Our retreat takes place at the Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa. Your overnight stay is an essential part of your introspective journey; a pause; and an opportunity to immerse yourself in the process of self-discovery. The comfortable deluxe rooms and the calming grounds of the resort offer a nurturing balance to our overall program. There will be ample free time in between our sessions for you to relax and recharge.
EARLY BIRD (until Sunday October 31st): Single Occupancy: S$1,575 / Pax Double Occupancy: $975/ Pax
REGULAR PRICE (Starting Monday November 1st): Single Occupancy S$1750 / Pax; Double occupancy $1200 / Pax
*Twin vs. king bed configuration to be assigned depending on availability on a first-come, first-serve basis
- TWO night accommodation in a Deluxe room at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (upgrades to another room type may be available at an additional charge and according to availability. Check Amara Sanctuary Resort’s website to see the list of all types of rooms at the property).
- All yoga, meditation and workshop sessions in the duration of the retreat
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches 2 Dinners
- Urban Yogis handmade in Laos face mask
- Urban Yogis handmade in Singapore lavender eye pillow
- Transportation to and Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa
- Additional drinks or food ordered outside of our set breakfast/lunch/dinner menus
11:00am Welcome Circle
12:00pm 1:30pm Yoga practice
1:30pm – 3:30pm Lunch and check-in
3:30pm – 5:30 pm THE EMERGENCE OF YOGA – Historical and personal emergence (theory and practice)
- Examine the cultural history of yoga – where we came from and where we are now, touching upon the early philosophies and the development of the modern practice of yoga.
- A look into your own journey – where you came from, and where you are now. How your natural evolution aligns with the various philosophies of yoga. We take a personal approach to help you understand the philosophy in the context of your own personal development.
5:30pm – 6:30pm Yin yoga or restorative yoga
6:30 pm – Dinner
* This is a sample itinerary. The actual schedule on the retreat may change slightly as a result of students’ level of experience and needs. We endeavor to make your experience as relevant as possible and changes may be made along the way to enable us to do so.
Pair this with our BREATH OF LIFE retreat from December 2nd – 4th and receive $200 off the total price!
HOW TO REGISTER
*Click the blue “Sign me up!” button on this page
*Fill out the registration form
*You will receive an email with instructions for payment.
*Payment to be made by PayNow or direct bank transfer
*You will receive a confirmation email once your payment is received
*Bookings are not considered confirmed until the payment is received. We will hold your booking for a maximum of 7 days and will release the booking if no payment has been received after 7 days.
Cancellation policy: full refund up to Tuesday October 26th; 50% refund between October 27th and November 9th; no refunds after November 9th. In the event that government Covid restrictions prevent us from running the retreat on the scheduled date, you will have the opportunity to postpone your attendance to a future date or to a full refund.
Julie MoksimCo-owner & Yoga InstructorI’m Singaporean by birth, global citizen by lifestyle, having lived in Indonesia, Egypt and India as a child and young adult, and later in the United States, Laos and Myanmar. My spark for yoga began while I was living in Boston in 2003, but my calling to teach grew much later out of the joy that I developed as a teacher’s assistant at the studio that I attended regularly. After completing a teacher training in Bali with Rachel Hull, Anna Smallwood, Emil Wendel, James Newman and Dr. Sujatha Kekada in 2011, I moved to Laos and started a yoga cooperative called Luang Prabang Yoga. Both the yoga cooperative and the immersive retreat programs that I lead under Laos Yoga Retreats have in some ways, put Laos on the map as a destination for yoga. I also co-owned a yoga studio in Myanmar between 2017 and 2019. My partnership with Kathy and Urban Yogis has grown out of a collective purpose to share knowledge and bridge the gap between people of different cultures, languages and belief systems. I trust that when a group of people come together from all walks of life, the opportunity for learning is boundless. Yoga has been an essential platform for these gatherings and for experiences that create more open-minded humans. Today, the biggest influence in my practice and teachings is Edward Clark of Tripsichore Yoga. He reinforces the importance of authenticity in how we express ourselves in movement. Ultimately, this translates to authenticity in life. I’d like to say to people out there, don’t be afraid to find out who you are, and when you find that person, don’t be afraid to be the person that you are! Thank you for taking the time to read this and to browse our website and offerings.
Kathy GabrielCo-owner & Instructor / TherapistKathy Gabriel is a Yoga teacher, Craniosacral Therapist & Bodyworker licensed under Pacific Association of Craniosacral Therapists (PACT). Although yoga and complementary health was always in her family, she only picked up yoga as teenager during a period of spiritual seeking. She initially sought out Buddhism and meditation out in order to process her grief. Through the years, her understanding of health and wellness began to expand and it was through a holistic practice, she learned how to found solace, ease and balance to move through the different seasons of life. She is deeply passionate about sharing this practice with others, helping them navigate their own journey through the belief that all that one ever needs lies within.